- Allen, Roland. Missionary Methods: St. Paul's or Ours? Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 1991.
- Bakke, Ray. The Urban Christian: Effective Ministry in Today's Urban World . Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press, 1987. 80 83
- Bavinck, J. H. An Introduction to the Science of Missions. Phillipsburg, NJ: Presbyterian and Reformed Pub. Co. 1979. 36 56
- Bennett, C. T. "Paul the pragmatist: Another look at his missioary methods." Evangelical Missions Quarterly 16,3(1980): 133 138.
- Hawthorne, Gerald F. and Ralph P. Marten, eds. Dictionary of Paul and His Letters. "Mission." by W.P. Bowers. DownersGrove, IL: Intervarsity Press, 1993. 608 619
- Hedlund, Roger E. The Mission of the Church in the World. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1991. 213 225
- Kane, J. Herbert. Christian Missions in Biblical Perspective. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1976. 72 93
- Grassi, Joseph A. A World to Win: The Missionary Methods of Paul the Apostle. Maryknoll, NY: Maryknoll Publications, 1965.
Evangelical but Not Necessarily Reformed
- Winter, Ralph D. and Steven C. Hawthorne, eds. Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: A Reader. Pasadena, CA: William Carey Library, 1992. (Various authors write on Strategies for World Evangelization, Strategies for Church Planting, Strategies for Development, and World Christian Teamwork. pages D 3 to D 280.)